When the pandemic hit I began offering free live-online meditation classes every Monday night (sign up here).
You can find recordings of these classes and guided meditations below.
Before you dive in, two quick warnings:
1) I am new to teaching. Though I’ve been meditating daily for well over a decade, I only started studying how to teach meditation last year. My training is overseen by Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach, and I have an excellent mentoring teacher…but I’m still learning!
As you listen to these recordings, there are times when it’s obvious I’m searching for the groove and experimenting with style. Think of it as the training wheels phase.
2) I am aware that the sound quality could be better. The plan was to start teaching meditation in September, but given all that’s going on in the world, I figured it would be best to start teaching now. That means that I didn’t have time to create a high quality audio setup before I started teaching (though this will change in the future).
With those caveats aside, please enjoy. I’ll add to the archives as new recordings become available. If you’re looking for a place to start, the class and guided meditation on forgiveness seemed to strike a chord.
Mindfulness Meditation Class Archive
- The path to self-love and self-worth (talk, meditation)
- On building the habit of meditation (talk, meditation)
- WTF are we supposed to be doing when we meditate, and why bother in the first place? (talk, meditation)
- A few thoughts on gratitude (talk, meditation)
- When it feels like the world is ending: wisdom from people far smarter than me (talk, meditation)
- Tapping into inner wisdom (talk, meditation)
- Working with pain for a better life (talk, meditation)
- On forgiving yourself and others (talk, meditation)
- The power, beauty, and horror of accepting death and impermanence (talk, meditation)
- The difficult art of self compassion (talk, meditation)
- On loving yourself and others (talk, meditation)
- On stilling and befriending the mind (talk, meditation)